Seipati

Seipati
Seipati

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Africa 2011!

To my utmost excitement, I feel the Lord calling me back to Africa again. It has been on my heart for a few months now, and after emailing the Dimmocks (the family I stayed with in 2009), I feel confirmation to go back. I will be Iiving with their family again and volunteering at MIS every day. I will be working as a mission intern of Ministry of Hope Lesotho (Le-sutu). I will have various responsibilities while I am there. I will be in charge of background research to determine which kids at MIS are adoptable. I will be doing picture taking and scrap booking for the children who are already cleared for adoption, so that they will have a memory book to take with them to their new families. Also, I will be working with kids who are in intensive care or in nutritional or medical rehabilitation at MIS. I am a little nervous knowing that I will be working with kids in intensive care. You never know what situations the kids come from or how severe their conditions may be. However, I am very excited to see what God has in store for me while I am there!
This morning I got a very, very special email from Mrs Nancy. Here is what is said:

Dear Amber,
I’m just back from MIS – took some adopting parents from Holland to visit. We were inundated with kids, since it was a Sunday afternoon – everyone clamoring for hugs and attention. And out of the blue Seipati and his big brother came up to me and asked, “Do you know Ausi Amber?” I said, ‘Yes.” And they asked, “When is she coming to see us?” And I was able to say, “As a matter of fact, she is trying to come visit in April!” They were very excited about that possibility. Just wanted you to know that you are not forgotten!
Keep us posted on plans as they develop.
Love,
Mrs. Nancy

Overwhelming tears of joy and happiness rolled down my checks after I read it. It has been two years since I have seen Seipati. Nothing makes me happier than to know that he still remembers me. It was also a huge confirmation for me. The original plan was for me to leave in June, but because of conflicting schedules (the Dimmocks having a busy month of packing for their return to the States in July, and I in my best friend’s wedding in May),my trip is being pushed up to April. I know I am supposed to go back, but I won't lie and say that it has been a little nerve racking knowing that I have to raise all the money for my plane ticket in a months time. Never the less, I know He is in control and He will work out all the details and provide everything I need. I am very ready to be with my precious kids again, especially Seipati and his family.
Also some very exciting news...I sent a check to MIS for $397.71 from Seipati's Hope!!! I cannot wait to see how this will bless my beautiful kids. He is Good.
Until next time...
-Amber

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amber,

    i mailed you about your beautiful work on your Yahoo-adress. I am still hoping to receive an answer from you.

    Love Nanja

    ReplyDelete