Seipati

Seipati
Seipati

Friday, March 11, 2011

Why Africa? Why Lesotho? Why MIS?

I admit I am still kind of new at this whole blogging thing. I wonder to myself how often to write...every day, every other day, every week, every month. I have finally concluded to wait until God puts something on my heart, and then it will be easy.

I am flying out of Atlanta on April 12th and returning back home May 10th. As time quickly approaches for my departure to my beautiful continent, I find myself getting a little nervous. In case any of you wonder if I am fearless or just that undaunted to travel alone to Lesotho, I write to tell you differently from my heart. I have many different emotions as I prepare my heart for this journey. Excitement, anticipation, nervousness, happiness, and a sense of worry are all in the mix. I tell you this because I want you all to know that yes, God has put a burning passion and desire for the children of Lesotho in my heart, but He alone gives me the strength to pursue that passion. I want you to know that just because this is what I am called to do, does not mean that I am completely without fear. HOWEVER (capitalized, underlined, bold print), ALL of my trust is in my Lord Jesus Christ. All of it. It has to be. It is essential.

I have had heard people say, "Isn't there enough needs in the States?"or "Can't you find something around here to do? Find people to serve? To help?". Or to me in other words, "Can't you do something that is safer?". There are needs everywhere. There are plenty of needs in the States, in South Carolina, in Greenwood. But my answer to this question is simple: God has called me to these children. He has put a desire in me that longs to show them His amazing love, to show them the same hope you and I have. Just like I am sure that God has called people to do the same thing in the States. Point being: we all have different callings. We cannot all reach the people of Africa. We cannot all reach the people of South America, or Asia, or the Middle East, or even the lost in America. God calls different people to different places so all the focus is not on one people group. Like I said before...there are needs everywhere.

I will end with this quote I read today by C.T. Studd (1860-1931), a wealthy Englishman who sold all he had to take the gospel to China, India, and Sudan. His words are powerful.



"The God of Heaven, He will fight for us, as we for Him. We will not build on the sand, but on the bedrock of the sayings of Christ, and the gates and minions of hell shall not prevail against us. Should such men as we fear? Before the world, aye, before the sleepy, lukewarm, faithless, namby-pamby Christian world, we will dare to trust our God, we will venture our all for Him, we will live and we will die for Him, and we will do it with His joy unspeakable singing aloud in our hearts. We will a thousand times sooner die trusting only our God, than live trusting in man. And when we come to this position the battle is already won, and the end of the glorious campaign in sight. We will have the real Holiness of God, not the sickly stuff of talk and dainty words and pretty thoughts; we will have a Masculine Holiness, one of daring faith and works for Jesus Christ."

3 comments:

  1. We should have read that quote at the Men's Retreat!!! We will definitely be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mr Durham! Your prayers are definitely greatly appreciated!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is going before you, He is going with you and He will give you strength and peace. I love you. You are a blessing to many!

    ReplyDelete