Seipati

Seipati
Seipati

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Kingdom of Heaven is Precious

I have been reading in Matthew while I have been on this trip. I forgot how remarkable the parables Jesus told were, and the miracles that he did. It’s one thing to hear them in stories, but when you actually read them on a page and really think about the actual act, it is mind boggling.

One chapter that has especially stood out to me is Matthew 13. I love the parables explaining the value and worth of the kingdom of heaven. It is something that I have never really thought about before. There are two parables that really stood out to me in particular.

First, is the parable of the hidden treasure in verse 44. “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

Secondly, is the parable of the pearl of great value in verses 45 and 46. “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.”

These two parables have one thing in common: the person who found them gave up everything they had to gain it. Jesus is trying to explain that His kingdom is far more valuable than anything we could ever possess in this world.

That is a hard thing for me to grasp sometimes- that Jesus is the most valuable thing I could ever have in my life. There are so many times when my flesh tries to convince me otherwise. However, I am always reminded somehow or another, that without Jesus, my life would be nothing. I would have nothing. He has to stay at the center. At the focus.

That is what I feel like He has been revealing to me more and more as I have been in Lesotho so far from being in His Word.

On a different note- being back here with the kids at MIS has been absolutely wonderful. I remember the first day I went back, all the familiar faces I saw. I remembered some of the kid’s names, and when I saw them I wrapped my arms around them and just embraced them. I would ask, “Do you remember me?” And every one of them would say, “Yes, you are ausi Amber”. It is kind of funny, every time some of the older boys would see me…the first thing they say is “Aiiiiie Seipatiiiii!” I don’t know exactly what they are saying in Sesotho (said like Su-su-tu), but I can tell that they are teasing him somehow. He has been a little shy at first, but the more I am there, the more he is opening up again. My really good friend, Katie (the missionary's daughter I am staying with), was telling me something the other day about their reactions. She talked about how a lot of them are probably shy because they are not used to the same people coming back. The people they meet usually only come once, and they never see them again. I didn’t think I could grow closer to these kids any more than I had already been. I was very, very wrong.




“I tell you with certainty, whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is a disciple will never lose his reward." – Matthew 10:42

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you are to them...... what a further blessing they are to you!

    ReplyDelete